PREP 15 MIN
COOK 10 MIN
- 400g dried strozzapreti pasta (or similar)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 500g cleaned calamari, cut into 1cm thick strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped continental parsley
- 2 tbs capers in brine, drained
- 1 tbs lemon juice, plus extra lemon wedges, to serve
- sea salt & black pepper
Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water before draining.
Heat oil in a large frypan over high heat. Season calamari and add to pan along with garlic and chilli. Cook, tossing, for 1-2 minutes until calamari is opaque and just cooked.
Add cooked pasta, parsley, capers, lemon juice and pasta water and toss to coat. Serve with extra parsley and lemon wedges.
Recipe & Photos by Falcon
If you are ready to take the plunge on a new kitchen, bath, or laundry, remember to visit the showroom at Brisbane Appliance Sales so that we can help you select the right appliances for your needs. From washers and dryers to refrigerators and more, our experts are here to give you the information and inspiration you need to make your next remodel the best yet. Come see us today, and we’ll make your renovation dreams a reality.